Sign in or
Showing 1 post
KASHISH 2011 - Dates & Highlights
Apr 5 2011, 12:04 PM EDTKASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival 2011, the second edition of India’s only mainstream LGBT film fest, promises to be BIGGER, BOLDER & QUEERER. The second edition will be held from May 25-29, 2011 at two venues in Mumbai, one of which will be a multiplex theater.
This year, the festival will showcase more than 130 films from over 25 countries.
The highlights this year:
- Films from across the globe: from US to UK, Australia to Austria, India to Indonesia and even Argentina and Peru.
- This year, the ‘Country Focus’ will be on Israel with more than 8 films from there.
- ‘Spotlight on Filmmaker’ will shine on a US filmmaker and a UK filmmaker with their funny, sexy and thought provoking films.
- Special package of films on Anti-Bullying and gay bashing in schools followed by a panel discussion.
- Continuing KASHISH’s mission of showcasing and promoting Indian queer shorts and short filmmakers, this year would have a fantastic collection under its ‘Indian Masala Mix’ program.
- A competition section for Best Narrative Feature too, in addition to the other competitive categories: Best Docu Feature, Best Docu Short, Best International Narrative Short and Best Indian Narrative Short.
- The Best Indian queer short film at Kashish gets to compete for the Iris Prize in UK and a cash prize of 25,000 pounds.
KASHISH 2011 promises to be an event to remember for both LGBT and mainstream audiences. It will be a time to watch loads and loads of LGBT films, engage in discussions, interact with celebrities and filmmakers, participate in cultural activities and just simply have a FABULOUS time!
For further updates and information on the festival, please check:
Website: http://www.mumbaiqueerfest.com/ | Blog: http://kashishmiqff.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Kashish.MIQFF | Twitter: http://twitter.com/Kashish2011 Do you find this valuable?
Sign in to be the first to reply.