seeking film submissions for Chennai International Queer Film Fest
Reel Desires: Chennai International Queer Film Festival 2013 is a collaborative effort between Orinam and Goethe Institut/ Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai, India.
The festival will be held on three evenings from July 11-13, 2013, and will showcase Indian and international feature films, shorts and documentaries. There will also be a panel discussion. We invite entries of feature-length films, shorts and documentaries for screening at the event. Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and selections notified by 15 May 2013.
If you are interested in having your work considered for this festival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form at http://chennaiintlqueerfilmfest.blogspot.in/
Apr 7 2013, 4:38 PM EDT by
Wendell Rodricks picks KASHISH 2013 poster contest winner
KASHISH 2013 Poster Contest has a winner! India's top fashion designer Wendell Rodricks has picked the poster submitted by Mumbai-based graphic designer Prachi Patil-Kotkar as the winning design.
``The victory sign forming a star is graphic and unforgettable. It is also interesting that the clichéd rainbow flag colours have been totally ignored for an artistic backdrop. I loved it,'' said Wendell Rodricks while announcing the winner.
The contest to design the official poster for the upcoming 4th KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival saw a record number of entries from professional and amateur designers as well as design school students from across India and several other countries too.
Prachi, who graduated from Sophia Polytechnic, and works as a senior visualiser, illustrator and animator, said participating in the contest was a great experience to remember. ``Receiving this wonderful award is such an amazing honour and I would like to thank the KASHISH team for giving me such a great opportunity,'' said Prachi.
Festival director Sridhar Rangayan said: "The theme of KASHISH 2013 is reflected very aptly in the design of the poster. This year, the audience can expect a range of films that push cinematic boundaries and daringly question set notions of queer sub culture.''
KASHISH 2013, the fourth edition of the India’s biggest and only mainstream queer film festival, will be held between May 22-26, 2013 in Mumbai at a multiplex and Alliance Française de Bombay. KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is the first and only gay & lesbian film festival in India to be held in a mainstream theatre and the only queer festival to receive clearance from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
KASHISH 2013 updates at:
Mar 30 2013, 11:56 PM EDT by
KASHISH 2011 - Dates & Highlights
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival 2011, the second edition of India’s only mainstream LGBT film fest, promises to be BIGGER, BOLDER & QUEERER. The second edition will be held from May 25-29, 2011 at two venues in Mumbai, one of which will be a multiplex theater.
This year, the festival will showcase more than 130 films from over 25 countries.
The highlights this year:
- Films from across the globe: from US to UK, Australia to Austria, India to Indonesia and even Argentina and Peru.
- This year, the ‘Country Focus’ will be on Israel with more than 8 films from there.
- ‘Spotlight on Filmmaker’ will shine on a US filmmaker and a UK filmmaker with their funny, sexy and thought provoking films.
- Special package of films on Anti-Bullying and gay bashing in schools followed by a panel discussion.
- Continuing KASHISH’s mission of showcasing and promoting Indian queer shorts and short filmmakers, this year would have a fantastic collection under its ‘Indian Masala Mix’ program.
- A competition section for Best Narrative Feature too, in addition to the other competitive categories: Best Docu Feature, Best Docu Short, Best International Narrative Short and Best Indian Narrative Short.
- The Best Indian queer short film at Kashish gets to compete for the Iris Prize in UK and a cash prize of 25,000 pounds.
KASHISH 2011 promises to be an event to remember for both LGBT and mainstream audiences. It will be a time to watch loads and loads of LGBT films, engage in discussions, interact with celebrities and filmmakers, participate in cultural activities and just simply have a FABULOUS time!
For further updates and information on the festival, please check:
Website: http://www.mumbaiqueerfest.com/ | Blog: http://kashishmiqff.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Kashish.MIQFF | Twitter: http://twitter.com/Kashish2011
Apr 5 2011, 12:04 PM EDT by
CALL FOR ENTRIES - Kashish – Mumbai Queer Film Festival
Kashish – Mumbai Queer Film Festival
April 22nd – 25th, 2010 in Mumbai, INDIA
The festival, organized by Solaris Pictures and Bombay Dost, intends to showcase and support films with gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer themes. It aims to provide filmmakers, artists, activists, media persons and audiences with a space to communicate, share diverse experiences and explore the multiple ways in which 'queer' is interpreted and expressed.
The festival will also include curated packages of international queer films as well as workshops, discussions and a photo exhibition.
We call upon artists and filmmakers, both in India and across the world, to submit shorts, features and documentaries that highlight / focus on gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender characters, communities and expressions. We welcome films / videos of any length and in any language made after 2007. All films must be subtitled in English.
Selection will be made by an eminent jury of both film professionals and Indian queer community leaders.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE.
* Submissions should be on gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer or transgender themes.
* Submissions should be provided in DVD in either PAL or NTSC format. We preview film entries only on DVD. Please do not send your master tape. Preview DVDs cannot be returned and will form part of festival archives.
* Preview submissions must be labeled with film title, running time, director’s name and full contact information (email address, cell number, postal address)
* Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled.
Early postmark deadline is January 10, 2010. Selected list of films will be announced by Feb 2010.
For Entry Forms and more information on the festival please visit: http://www.mqff2010.blogspot.com/ or email to:email@example.com
Jan 2 2010, 4:31 AM EST by
Puerto Rico Queeer Filmfest
Puerto Rico Queer Filmfest (Puerto Rico) Nov 12-18 2009
Oct 28 2009, 2:51 PM EDT by
International LGBT Film Fests
This list is provided as a FREE public service by your friends at WolfeVideo.com and Wolfe Releasing: Your trusted community source for LGBT movies since 1985! Please also see our list of North American LGBT Film Festivals . Attentio
Nov 3 2011, 2:25 AM EDT by
North American LGBT Film Festival Directory (organized by festival date) *This list is provided as a FREE public service by your friends at WolfeVideo.com and Wolfe Releasing: Your trusted community source for LGBT movies since 1985! Plea